Stanley Cup Final Preview

 This is the most southern Cup Final in NHL History! 


Vegas and Florida... who would've thought when the playoffs started? In this post, I am not going to make everything about advanced stats. You guys know what each team does, you guys know who's good and who's not. Let's just take a look at how we got here.


Florida started these playoffs out as a massive underdog. They went down 3-1 to Boston, as I'm sure you know, and they came back. Boston had 3 chances to bury them, and should've knocked the Cats out in every single game. But they didn't. Then, this spiraled Florida as a superpower. The Leafs couldn't stop them, and the Canes, despite outplaying Florida in each game, couldn't beat Bob. Sergei Bobrovsky has been unstoppable since he came in to these playoffs, and Vegas needs to learn how to stop him. Or, Florida is lifting the cup. 

Vegas started this playoffs out with a dominating series win in 5 games against an underdog that many thought could steal the series, Winnipeg. Then, they were up against the new favorite to win the cup, the Edmonton Oilers. I'll admit, I thought Vegas stood 0 chance. But, they stayed disciplined, didn't take penalties, and dethroned the Oilers. Still though, Vegas was given less respect vs Dallas. I'll admit, I was wrong there too. I thought the Stars would win. But, Vegas dominated Dallas and carved Jake Oettinger like a piece of meat. Now, most of the US is rooting against them. Will they overcome the haters again?


Prediction: VGK in 7

I keep going back and forth here. On one hand, it seems like Florida's destiny to win this series. But, Vegas has been so, so good the entire playoffs, and they also look unstoppable. Originally, I thought Florida would win in 6. But, I let it resonate, which is why I'm writing this on the day of Game One. And I thought, man, Vegas is gonna win this. I think it'll be a close series. I think Florida could win. But I think Vegas will. 


Also, I have predicted against the Panthers every single time these playoffs. Will they prove me wrong for the 4th time?


Thank you for reading Beyond Center Ice! Give BCI a follow out on Instagram and share this post with your friends, it would be much appreciated! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does New Jersey Have What it Takes to Compete for the Cup?

BCI's First Round Mock Draft

Who Makes the Playoffs in Each Conference?